1. Sports

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Every time you go fishing you need some things to make your fishing easier and better. These items are usually tools that help you fish but the list is varied. I don't leave home without all of these things in my fishing tackle box.
Things You Need In Your Fishing Tackle Box

Comments

April 16, 2006 at 10:48 pm
(1) fishing says:

What items do you find indispensable when fishing?

April 22, 2006 at 9:09 am
(2) Scott Gaines says:

I think the list is pretty complete!!

I spend most of my fishing time going after Northern Pike, so I add a few more things to my tackle box.

I add a lipgrip tool, Just in case I can’t get my finger in behind the gill plate.

Friskas scissors because I use PowerPro fishing line.

A small first aid kit, you never know when might take a hook in the finger….

I have to have a can of reel magic to help my line….

Scott Gaines

Helping you with freshwater fishing basics.

April 22, 2006 at 11:06 am
(3) fishing says:

Good items – I don’t have those toothy critters here in Georgia so I don’t carry soem of them, but I do get a tool to grab pike and a de hook tool for them then I go to Wisconsin. And the First Aid Kit is always a good idea.

April 22, 2006 at 11:20 pm
(4) Scott Gaines says:

The lip grip tool is nice to have. I don’t want to ruin a great day of fishing by doing something stupid (I do enough stupid things LOL).

I found this lip grip by Berkley on Cabelas website. I’ve never tried it, but it looks good. I have the Rapala version. I’d recommend the 12 inch version. I’ve not seen the pocket version to know if it’d be too small or not.

Good luck next time you head to Wisconsin.

Scott Gaines

Helping you understand the Freshwater Fishing basics

April 23, 2006 at 2:19 pm
(5) Scott Gaines says:

If your looking for a lip grip tool. Berkley has one. I saw it online at Cabelas. Here’s the link. I’ve never used it, I have the Rapala version, which works the same way as Berkley’s 12 in model. Their pocket size one might work for you as well.

Hope this helps!

Scott Gaines

Dedicated to helpeing kids of all ages learn the freshwater fishing basics.

April 29, 2006 at 4:25 pm
(6) Scott Gaines says:

What kind of tool do you use when you head up North to Wisconsin?

I see Berkley has a lip grip tool as well.

What brand of pliers do you use? I like Rapala, but I’ve seen them break. Can you recommend a brand?

Scott Gaines
Freshwater Fishing Basics

April 30, 2006 at 7:00 pm
(7) fishing says:

I bought a cheap grip tool and de hooker – looks like a long pair of pliers with little jaws at the end of a long shaft. Don’t know the names or brands, just got something cheap when I got up there since I don’t use them very much don’t have to be great quality. So I don’t have any reccomendations, sorry.

April 30, 2006 at 8:30 pm
(8) Scott Gaines says:

I think I know what you got….I’ve seen them at Cabelas and BPS. I’m fortunate to live between both here in Michigan.

Scott Gaines
Freshwater fishing basics

July 6, 2009 at 11:17 am
(9) ForestWander Nature Photography says:

These are all great things to have but you may want to include a stringer for the fish you catch…

November 10, 2011 at 7:15 pm
(10) Fishing in Anguilla says:

The very best place for fishing is Anguilla
Have you ever fish in Anguilla?
I just love Anguilla fo fishing on the island of Anguilla.