The Bottom Line
- Easy to use
- Comes in sizes to fit any need
- Strong bags hold up well
- Manual vacuum pump allows use anywhere
- Avalable on the net
- Hard to find locally
- Vacuum storage bags for freezing fish in a wide variety of sizes
- Bags are strong and durable reinforced plastic zip lock bags.
- Vacuum system pumps air out easily with either manual or electric pump.
Guide Review - ZipVac Vacuum Storage Bags
Freezing fish is a good way to insure you have a supply when you want some to eat, but all too often the frozen fish get freezer burn or dry out. By putting them in a vacuum bag they keep longer and taste better.
The ZipVac system works well and is easy to use. They are tough and hold up well in the freezer, and you can get bags big enough to store the biggest filets, even from fish like halibut. I watched halibut filets being vacuum sealed and frozen on a recent trip to Alaska and thought how well the system worked and how great it would be to have at home.