The Bottom Line
If you need a quality spinnerbait with lots of flash that will stay shallow on a very slow retrieve, this is an excellent bait.
- Works at very slow retrieve
- Stays high in water column at slow retrieve rates
- Bait has unusual arrangement for attaching blades to arms
- Quality made bait with quality parts
- Easy to change blades and adapt to changing conditions
- Difficult to find in stores
- Blades can kink and cause problems
- Dual arm spinnerbait
- Blades are on an innovative connection system
- You can change blades quickly
- Good variety of skirt colors
- This bait quickly converts from a dual arm double blade bait to a shingle blade short arm spinnerbait.
Guide Review - Secret Weapon Sidearm Spinnerbait
I got a prototype of this bait last fall and really liked the way it worked at a very slow retrieve. I used it some in Wisconsin and it is great fishing above grass beds. It has a lot of flash and stays shallow for such a large bait. My first trip back in Georgia the Sidearm was still tied on a rod and I caught a nice keeper spotted bass at Lake Allatoona on a rocky point on it so it works in a wide varitey of situations.