The Bottom Line
The Hobie Mirage Pro Angler Kayak was voted most innovative new product of ICAST 2009 in both the overall “Best of Show” and the “Marine” category.
- Designed for Fisherman
- Mirage Drive is Hands Free
- Easy to Transport
- Manuvers Into Shallow Water and Tight Fishing Spots
- Stable Enough To Stand and Fish
- Fairly Expensive
- Length of 13 feet, 8 inches
- Weighs 138 pounds
- Weight capacity of 800 pounds
- Has a wide, ventilated, adjustable seat
- Adequate room for rods and tackle
- Propulsion system allows hands free operation
Guide Review - Hobie Mirage Pro Angler Fishing Kayak
The Mirage Pro is easy to transport, like any kayak, and allows fishermen to get into tight fishing spots and very shallow water unreachable by most boats.
Although kayaks are not for all fishermen, the Mirage Pro Angler will meet the needs of most fishermen. It is fairly expensive but comes with the Mirage Drive, which allows you to move the boat by foot pedal rather than having to paddle. That frees your hands for fishing. And you don't need an electric motor which saves weight and trouble. Just leaving the big battery at home makes fishing simpler.
The seat in the Mirage Pro is easy to adjust for all fishermen and is wide and ventilated.