Take care of the fish you catch and they will taste much better when they are cooked.
Time Required: 30 minutes
- Put fish on ice immediately after catching them.
- Filet or clean fish as soon as possible.
- Put fish in zip-loc bags with a table spoon of salt as soon as cleaned.
- Fill bag with water and squeeze all air out before sealing.
- Keep bag in refrigerator until 1 hour before cooking.
- Drain salt water and soak fish in fresh water for one hour.
- Cook with favorite recipe!
- Filets are not as strong tasting as whole fish.
- Be sure to mix salt in water completely before sealing.
- Soaking fish in fresh water just before cooking removes most of the salt.
What You Need
- Filet knife
- Ziploc bags