1. Sports

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

What Are Bass Doing On Lake Guntersville Right Now?

By July 10, 2012

Big Lake Guntersville Bass

Captain Mike Gerry is on Lake Guntersville fishing and guiding other fishermen almost every day. His reports on what the fish are doing will help you plan your trip and catch more fish. He concentrates on bass and Lake Guntersville is famous for big largemouth. He also posts fishing tips here that will give you specific ideas on how to use different lures and what to look for on Guntersville, which can help you on your home lake, too.

picture (c) Captain Mike Gerry

New Lake Guntersville Fishing Report

Comments

November 24, 2008 at 3:54 pm
(1) Josh says:

I am planning a fishing trip to goose pond this coming friday (11-28-08) and was wondering where would be good to fish around there in the creeks are the main lake?And what would you throw if you was going?Thanks for your time…Josh

November 26, 2008 at 3:36 pm
(2) Captain Mike Gerry says:

Josh
Fish the ledges where there is grass, using a Shad Rap #7. You should catch plenty of fish!
Good luck Good Fishing

Captain Mike Gerry
Fish Lake Guntersville Guide Service
bassguide@comcast.net

January 20, 2009 at 12:09 pm
(3) Philipp says:

I am planning a trip to lake guntersville February 20th through the 22nd, 2009. Where would be a good place to fish and what kind of fish usually bite around this time of the year. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

April 14, 2009 at 7:28 pm
(4) david adkins says:

hey, i use to fish alot of bas turnies in 1992. but brook back and just now able to get out and fish. i love fishing for bass and tirnies. but i also love to spend time with my dad. he’s a crappie fisherman. and wants us to go pan fishing this cimming week, we will be going to logan martin. i would really love to be able have an idea what kinda strucher to fish, what part of the spawn are the fish in. and would you mind helping me out. we live an hour apart and although the time being together would be enough, but i would real love to put him on some fish too, con you help?

thanks,

dave

April 16, 2009 at 9:19 am
(5) fishing says:

Crappie on most lakes are in the shallow to spawn. On Logan Martin I would go back in coves and dabble minnows and jigs around the edges of the grass beds and any bushes or docks. Also slow troll jigs just off the grass beds.

Hope this helps – let us know how you do.

June 22, 2009 at 6:00 pm
(6) Reel says:

Now that the ice is gone we can get back to basics. speaking of ice, watch this funny video about setting up an ice fishing tent. http://reelretrieval.com/videos/ice-fishing-funny

September 20, 2009 at 11:05 pm
(7) Bill says:

I’m coming to guntersville with several buddies the end of october. First time for a few of us. What tips can you give me for that time of year?

September 22, 2009 at 5:16 am
(8) karthikeyan says:

these collections are gorgeous

Nice one….

——————

Adventure Camping
Jeff Adams

September 23, 2009 at 9:07 pm
(9) fishing says:

Bill – try emailing Captain Mike Gerry from the article link – he sends these reports to me each week but he should be able to help you out.

November 17, 2009 at 9:13 pm
(10) John says:

Please send me these reports on Lake Guntersville as well. I will be fishing there often and would greatly appreciate these tips. Tips Up! John.

January 13, 2010 at 5:15 pm
(11) joerebel says:

hey, i found these hooks, works great and helps catch more bass. I would suggest trying it out on the lake, here’s there website: http://www.spintechhooks.com. It’s the worlds first rotating treble hook.

October 6, 2010 at 10:07 am
(12) LeAry Townsend says:

Who cares about Lake Guntersville? People that live close by. What about those of us that try to read your newsletter that in other parts of the country, like Kansas for instant. I don’t make it to Georgia all that often(never) so I would like to find something a little fresher(newer) and relevant to my world once in awhile.

January 16, 2011 at 11:49 am
(13) Jerry Vest says:

Mike I’m comming there in March 2nd week I’m thinking
Jones creek ,?

March 27, 2011 at 5:01 pm
(14) fishalldaynmakeuplies says:

the fish are swimming usually sometimes they get jerked out by a fisherman but not alot

March 27, 2011 at 7:20 pm
(15) fishing says:

How are they swimming unusually?

March 27, 2011 at 9:09 pm
(16) LJ Crowe says:

I’ve always struggled with choosing the correct lures. I need to chek out Captain Mikes pointers for sure.

L J Crowe
The Fish Finder Reviews

May 30, 2011 at 9:27 pm
(17) Bobby loyd says:

Hi me and a buddy of mine are fishing a company bass tournament on june 11. we are launching from browns creek public launch.is there any good spots colse to there. and what are they hitting that time of year.i always do good on a pop r and a pig&jig.

May 30, 2011 at 9:36 pm
(18) fishing says:

Try contacting Captain Mike directly – he does these reports. I am going over there Wednesday – will try to give you a report.

July 5, 2011 at 9:56 am
(19) Auto Insurance Online says:

Swimming… obviously

July 7, 2011 at 12:47 pm
(20) fishing says:

Actually, most bass hold in cover and don’t swim around much, they hold in one place without swimming around. And to catch them it helps to have an idea where they are holding, or even swimming.

October 16, 2011 at 11:47 pm
(21) Nuar says:

very informative. Good info

December 19, 2011 at 10:14 pm
(22) www.cheapuggsok.net says:

very useful…good job

April 3, 2012 at 1:12 pm
(23) it solutions provider says:

great blog!! You should start many more. I love all the info offered. I will stay tuned.

July 22, 2012 at 8:03 pm
(24) Rap says:

Εxcellent post. Ι used to bе сhеcking contіnuοuѕly this weblog аnd I
am impгеѕsed! Eхtremely helpful infο sρеcіficаlly the final paгt
:) I maіntain suсh info a lot. I ωas
ѕeеκing this paгtісulаг info
for a very long time. Τhanκs аnd good luck.

September 2, 2012 at 7:50 pm
(25) Irma says:

Link exchange is nothing else but it is only placing the other
person’s website link on your page at suitable place and other person will also do similar for you.