1. Sports

New Lake Conroe Fishing Report

By July 9, 2012

Lake Conroe fish Lake Conroe fishing is always good and Papa John can tell you what is biting and where to catch them. Check out his updated report then go to his marina page for more information. New pictures added to the article and picture gallery, too. Check out the gallery for new pictures added with each report.

picture (c) Papa John

New Lake Conroe Fishing Report

Comments

May 1, 2007 at 8:56 pm
(1) skeeter says:

what coves have good hydrilla and are producing some bass for my son and i to catch this weekend? thank you to whomever helps.

May 2, 2007 at 7:54 pm
(2) Papa John says:

You can go to the back of most of the creeks on the Lake to find lots of moss and hydrilla. Lewis Creek has lots of good grass for early morning fishing, No Name and Weirs Creek on the North end and Little Lake on the South ALL have lots of good hydrilla and grass. Check Out The ESPN Map for Lake Conroe and find those areas where the creek narrows in the back with shallow water on both sides. Keep A Tight Line & Enjoy! Papa John – Anchorage Marina

December 2, 2007 at 5:00 pm
(3) Mark from I love fishing and hunting says:

Lake Conroe fishing is always good and Pappa John can tell you what is biting and where to catch them. I love the picture. Very happy fishing guys are not hard to find

December 5, 2007 at 6:36 pm
(4) Dennis "the flyfisher" says:

Wow looking good that cacths, if you do that everytime your away on a fishing trip to lake Conroe. you will soon have emptied the lake.
But keep up the good fishing

December 21, 2007 at 10:20 pm
(5) Papa John - Anchorage Marina says:

Dennis, you would be surprised how many of the folks that live on Lake Conroe really believe we are going to empty the Lake. Actually, Lake Conroe is one of the best catfish fishing lakes in Texas. The lake has a very plentiful supply of shad and makes for very healthy fish. The catfish will spawn twice a year laying thousands of eggs that hatch into small fry. The catfish is one of few fish that actually protects it’s own and does not eat the small fish. The male will stand guard over the small fish until they are big enough to protect themselves. There are actually hundreds of thousands of catfish in Lake Conroe. The guides will harvest several thousand each year. Want to catch a mess of fish, give us a call. Papa John

January 20, 2008 at 8:46 pm
(6) Alan says:

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what Lures and Worms work best for Black Bass here in Lake Conroe. I have been here for just a few months and realy want to get on the Bass. Thanks for any advise.

January 26, 2008 at 10:48 am
(7) Papa John says:

This past month there have been a lot of fish caught using a chrome/black or chrome/blue Rat-L-Trap in shallow water. As the water temperature droped again, there have been good fish caught on deep diving crank baits. If you click on the “New Lake Conroe Fishing Report” on this page, it will take you to our fishing report that will mention current baits that are being used by the fishing guides. Also visit our webpage at http://www.lakeconroefishingguides.com

Papa John

January 28, 2008 at 10:08 pm
(8) Chris says:

Why do you think bass are being caught in shallow water this time of year? Do you mean 5 ft or less when you say shallow? What water temp do you think drives the fish to deeper water? I tried fishing over 8-10 ft depth with grass and got one bite all day. Very frustrating. Thanks

January 29, 2008 at 8:50 pm
(9) Papa John says:

This week has been difficult at best. Most of the fish caught have been 10 -12 feet near grass, rocks or other structure. The fronts keep the pressure jumping all over the place. If we get some sunshine the next few days, try a crank bait – shad or pearch- near some rocks where the sun has been hitting them all day to warm the water a degree or two. Also around boat docks and the backs of marinas on the lake might be a hot tip. The fish have gotten out of a pattern the past few days; but, should get back on once these fronts clear out. Lots of small males were caught today by crappie fishermen in the various marinas around the Lake. Two big fish 9, 11 were caught today just ahead of the front in 18 feet of water on a jig and craw…go figure??? Don’t get frustrated…they will be back on pattern very soon.

January 29, 2008 at 10:28 pm
(10) Bass Hunter says:

I was in Houston last week for meetings Tuesday-Friday. I’m from northern Illinois . I was able to get away Wed 23rd and Thursday the 24th and fish Lake Conroe at the Stow-A-Way marina. The weather was a cold front with light rain and wind. Both days I was able to catch 5 or 6 nice largemouth. They were weighing in at 3-5 pounds. I was able to find some fresh green weeds in 3-8 feet of water. I tried many different lures, but the only one getting bit was a Rat L Trap.The color didn’t really seem to matter. I would tick the tops of the weeds and once in a while let it get snagged and then rip it out of the weeds. Anyway long story short I was able to catch a 26″ egg filled female. It had a girth in the 22″ range. When I went to weigh her I couldn’t get the hook through its mouth so I had to balance her and the scale jumped around at 12 and 13 pounds and then 00. I released her safely back into the water. I rented a Jon boat so I didn’t have a livewell and I definitely didn’t want to kill her. I do have some nice pics and I am going to send them down to Stow A Way marina in a day or two. I would be more than happy to email them to anyone interested. The Bass had some weird brown scarring in a few patches on her side. email me at mikewatt5@hotmail.com

January 31, 2008 at 9:56 pm
(11) raydio says:

were is a good place to bank fish/ because i don’t have a boat /and i am coming from down town

January 31, 2008 at 10:39 pm
(12) Chris says:

Does it seems like most of the fish are being caught north of the 1097 bridge?

March 20, 2008 at 2:53 pm
(13) Nikki says:

wWe really want to learn how to crappie and bream fish Lk Conroe. The fishing reports are somewhat vague for new comers. Can you give us more specifics? bobbers? jigging? loactions?We’re worried about all the underwater trees in some areas also.

April 7, 2008 at 9:30 am
(14) fishing says:

You probably need to contact Papa John directly – his email address is in the link with his name. He gets daily reports.

April 21, 2008 at 8:07 pm
(15) Antonio says:

Awesome site ! Looks like a great vacation in store ahead for me ! Thanks for the great site !

June 3, 2008 at 5:53 pm
(16) Papa John says:

Lake Conroe Fishing Guides are now testing a new Magic Bait Company Punch Bait that will soon be on the market. The test results have been very positive. You can read more about it at Lake Conroe Fishing Guides.com

June 6, 2008 at 12:56 pm
(17) Papa John says:

Don’t forget to visit Lake Conroe Fishing Guides website. See more pictures of your friends and neighbors that have been fishing with one of our guides.

Keep A Tight Line & Enjoy
Papa John

July 12, 2008 at 10:23 am
(18) Lets Catch Reel Big Fish says:

I like your blog. Those gallery pics are pretty nice. I love to catch bass myself.
I do love to catch a mess a catfish for a good feed now and again.

July 13, 2008 at 9:19 pm
(19) fishing says:

Glad you enjoy it. good fishing!

October 27, 2008 at 4:52 pm
(20) Papa John says:

Catfish fishermen, you will love the new Magic Bait Company punch bait called Stick!It. You can cast this bait without it coming off the hook. See our reports and comments at our home site.

October 27, 2008 at 4:57 pm
(21) Papa John says:
February 12, 2009 at 4:48 am
(22) Harsh Ranjan says:

Located in one of the most spectacular fishing locations in the world, Marina Pez Vela in Quepos, Costa Rica is complete with all the amenities and services you’d expect to find in a five-star marina resort.
—————————————-

February 24, 2009 at 7:56 pm
(23) fishing says:

Any freshwater fishing there?

April 3, 2009 at 12:51 pm
(24) tommy says:

I Hope those who are catching the fish in the pictures are eating them and not just catching them to take pictures. If you are not going to eat or stuff your catch you should really let them back into the lake while the fish is still alive. what a waste

April 13, 2009 at 1:46 pm
(25) fishing says:

Most people that fish eat the fish or let them go – few go to waste anywhere.

December 29, 2009 at 5:38 am
(26) andrejw says:

Good fishing! Cood fish!

March 25, 2010 at 5:23 am
(27) fishing costa rica says:

No matter what your preference, salt water or freshwater, conventional or fly, offshore or river fishing, Costa Rica has a fishing destination for you. Costa Rica is bordered by the Pacific on the West and the Caribbean on the East.It is not just the fishing seasons that vary the atmosphere in different locations can be completely different as well. In the north the beaches are popular, the condos are tall, and the wind makes the fishing season a bit shorter than further south.

April 20, 2010 at 8:42 am
(28) kiran says:

nice i love this site and got some informative stuff. pls visit the site for more informative things.. thx

June 2, 2010 at 4:28 pm
(29) Armando says:

Time to gear up for those year-end Tournaments and your regular visits to Lake Conroe! We are excited and would like to announce and show our newest addition to the family “Fisherman’s Cove Resort” (FM 1097 W Willis) that now joins our family of resorts including, Sunset Harbor Resort (Hwy 830 Willis) & The newly remodeled April Plaza Marina & Motel (Hwy 105 w Montgomery) that includes full marina services & lodging for friends and family for each and every tournament! Please take our invitation and tour our resort by booking an appt with us today. Spaces are limited all services are on a first come first serve basis. We are issuing a choice of several Lake Conroe Gift Packages for your time in this 60 min presentation! Including two day three night domestic stay air & lodging, dinner for two on the Southern Impress and Complementary Overnight accommodations! If you fish Lake Conroe often you got to know what we have specifically designed for the Lake Conroe Angler Call Us Today 936-228-4247

October 28, 2010 at 2:30 pm
(30) DP says:

I was wondering what are some spots for bank fishing at Lake Conroe since I don’t have a boat

January 24, 2011 at 10:58 am
(31) Hydrilla says:

It is said to be that hydrilla have it’s advantages and could be use as a food source. That is a good source of vitamins and minerals.

April 26, 2011 at 8:48 am
(32) William Jalowy says:

We are in are 60′s and would like to fish off a bank or pier at Lake Conroe.

Where would it be some good places to try and to get bait for catfish and crappie.

Thanks you

April 26, 2011 at 11:17 am
(33) fishing says:

These Conroe reports are not consistent any more since Papa John stopped doing them. Try contacting some of the marinas mentioned in the article, some of them will have public access fishing and can direct you to other spots.

June 9, 2012 at 11:30 pm
(34) Shoket says:

You can certainly see your eushntiasm in the paintings you write. The world hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who aren’t afraid to mention how they believe. Always follow your heart. We may pass violets looking for roses. We may pass contentment looking for victory. by Bern Williams.

August 4, 2012 at 12:29 am
(35) Jerry says:

I am taking my 6 year old son and wife fishing on Saturday, 8/04/12, I have no boat. Where can I fish from the bank?

September 11, 2012 at 12:00 am
(36) Wilber Shorkey says:

I know this website presents quality based content and other information, is there any other site which offers such stuff in quality?