1. Sports

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Susan Dameron At Weigh-In I had the good fortune of drawing Susan Dameron as a partner at the Georgia Bass Chapter Federation Top Six tournament in April, 2007 at Lake Seminole. She was nice and let me catch a limit of bass and did a great job with the net.

Susan fishes the Women's Bassmaster Tour and won one of those tournaments last year as a co-angler. She is on the WBT again this year and is going to post some thoughts and tips on fishing here in a journal of her experiences. This first report is on how she got her start tournament fishing. Let us know what you think about these posts in the comments section below.

picture (c) Susan Dameron

A Promise A Purpose and A Dream From Susan Dameron

Comments

February 18, 2008 at 11:05 pm
(1) dennie says:

Way to go Susan. You are a great lady. Looking forward to hearing more good things about your fishing and hiking career. Dennie

February 19, 2008 at 7:51 pm
(2) KAREN MORGAN says:

I’M SO GLAD WOMEN ARE OUT THERE FISHING. MY FRIEND AND I LOVE TO BASS FISH TOO. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SUSAN. WAY TO GO. KAREN

February 20, 2008 at 1:41 pm
(3) Irene says:

Susan i really enjoy to fish I am glad your enjoying you water, sun.You keep showing the world what is good.

February 28, 2008 at 8:11 pm
(4) Bill Irwin says:

Hello Susan, I hope you enjoy your chosen sport as much as your mother and I enjoy SCUBA diving. I will be waiting for your next article. SCUBA BILL

March 12, 2008 at 2:39 pm
(5) Ken Amandolia says:

I was blessed to draw Susan Dameron as my 2nd day partner at the Georgia Bass Federation Chapter Top Six Championship on Clarks Hill Lake ths year. The morning began a bit chilly for our 20 minute run up the Savannah River but turner out to be a beautiful day on he water. Susan was quick to put the 1st fish in the boat, then the 2nd and then the 3rd. I was starting to think that I was going to hear a lot of ribbing from the guys about getting out fished by a female. That was only in my head for a short time because I realized she was not just a female with a rod in her hand, Susan was and is a great angler and enjoyable to be around. After the 1st few hours had past and I still had not caught a fish I realized that she wasn’t catching the fish because of a specific lure it was all about being patient. I was fishing way to fast. When I slowed my fishing down I got my first bite. We ended the day both having fish to weigh in which gave us both some pleasure. I did not win the tournament or even come close. I left the tournament for the three hour ride home with a feeling that I had not had before. Normally after a tournament where I did not finish good I would beat myself up. This ride home was different because I had learned to be more patient while fishing and enjoy the day as it happens, not just enjoy the day if the results where good. I truely enjoyed my day on the water with Susan and am so glad she shared the boat with me. I wish Susan the best on her upcoming season fishing the WBT.

March 12, 2008 at 5:23 pm
(6) fishing says:

Susan is a great partner. I think we will all learn a lot from her journal here.

I had a frustrating Top Six, too. I will post details in the forum. Ended up with 10 weighing 18.5 with bonus weight – 10.95 first day but only 7.55 second day.

March 16, 2008 at 6:51 pm
(7) Susan Dameron says:

Thanks so much for the kind words. Just as I hope to make a positive difference in the lives of those reading my articles, fishing or otherwise, you all are making a huge difference in my life. I can’t thank Ronnie enough for the opportunity to do this.

March 16, 2008 at 7:16 pm
(8) Susan Dameron says:

Ken, I want to thank you for a great day of fishing and fellowship on the water at the GA Top Six. You did a great job putting us on fish. Spending the day getting to know you was a pleasure. Good luck this year and I hope to see you at the next Top Six. Keep in touch and let me know how things are going. Thanks again for your kindness.

January 29, 2013 at 6:16 am
(9) bioinformatics.org says:

You made some really good points there. I checked on the web to find out more about the issue and
found most people will go along with your views on this website.